FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:45 pm
daloosh

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by geewhy
So if I book WA Vegas with pre-paid rate using my brother's Aspire card, he won't get the $250 credit?
But if I book Conrad Bali with pre-paid rate using his card, he'll get the $250 credit?

Btw there's also an AMEX offer on his Aspire card for $70 off $350, does the offer work on pre-paid rate?
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Please read the wiki, which explains that prepaid rates for US properties vs. International are treated differently. But since Bali is not in the US and Las Vegas is, you got it.

​​​​​​I have no idea what the terms of the Amex offer you are citing is, so cannot tell you what rates it applies to. But it has no connection to the $250 Aspire resort credit.
So Adam1222 has answered part one of your question, so I'll respond to part two, and the short answer is your brother won't get the credit on prepaid rates in the U.S. Here's part of the language in the terms of the $70 off $350 offer: "Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates." The reason is that those rates are billed by corporate and not directly by the hotel.

It's pretty much the same deal as the $250 credit, and your brother should not expect the credit for either. Now, it is true that there is an ADIP prepayment rate that is billed directly by the hotel, and some FTers have been credited the $250 resort credit after prepaying using that rate, which is the Another Day in Paradise prepaid rate. Now, I have neither used the ADIP rate or tried to get the $70 off a prepaid rate billed by corporate, but my feeling is that the first might work and the second won't.

Finally, the $70 off offer expires at the end of this month, in a few days. Don't know if you book a stay and pay a refundable first nite, whether that will trigger the $70 off, it might, or it might not.