FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:36 pm
ContinentalFan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
OSL, CPH and BFS are (relatively) recently-cancelled routes right? Can't imagine those are coming back soon. I would like to see EWR-VIE, though. Connecting through VIE in Europe is easy, and OS for intra-Europe is a bit more pleasant than most (all?) of the other options.
I loved the BFS route; coupled with EasyJet, you could get to a lot of places. It was subsidized by the regional government in Belfast, which the EU deemed illegal, so the flight was canceled. One benefit of BREXIT might be a return of that subsidized route—a remote possibility, but I am looking for s sliver of a silver lining on a very dark cloud.
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
It's hard to see UA starting EWR - VIE when their *A cousin already flies the route. Also, didn't CO once operate a EWR - BRS flight?
Yes. It was a thrill. There was just about enough runway for a B752. The aircraft rotated and as you looked down you saw a sharp drop. Landing was equally exciting.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 27, 2019 at 10:55 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member