FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:13 pm
uncommonsensical

quite the welcome. got here early and my room won't be available until noon. diamond recognition zero- well until being told I'd "be allowed" to wait in the executive lounge until my room is ready but that i "must understand that my diamond benefits to eat or drink anything in the lounge do not start until afternoon tea- thank you for being a diamond member".

while technically true, and i've already eaten anyway, making such a point of it didn't exactly endear me to the hotel. in all the years I've been early, or had late flights where I was (without asking) given lounge access, it's always the opposite tact. i've been checked-in crazy early- almost always invited to breakfast , etc. add in that they advertise the hotel as "newly renovated" and left the BS end of january construction completion date up until a couple of days ago. my mobile check-in assigned upgraded room on the 32nd floor got downgraded to a deluxe on the 17th floor overnight too. contemplating changing to ABH whilst i also contemplate whether having water will place me in violation of my general orders from the front desk...