FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to credit DL marketed KL operated flight in Z?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:22 pm
rj123456

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can we assume that you don't have a chance of elite status in any program and are only interested in redeemable miles?

As noted above, AF and KLM (and IIRC Kenya) are all in FB now. You probably should check that your previous account is still open to avoid crediting miles into a black hole. You might need to open a new FB account if the old AF account has been inactive for too long.

Be careful that you don't have miles scattered over too many programs. It's hard to get much value from orphan miles.
Yes, no realistic chance of elite status. I have a temporary (status match) on DL to Pt. In hindsight I should have purchased this ticket on Priceline or Expedia where all the flights were KL marketed in which case I would have gotten Skymiles at a decent rate. But I ended up buying through delta.com where the flights had DL numbers.

I'm going to be stuck with the orphan mile problem since earning 8 miles/$ is not a very worthwhile option on this fare.

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Both AF and KL are using Flying Blue. DL9380 will earn 125% miles for Z for Ivory (225% miles for Platinum) in FB. Usually a good pick for discounted premium fares.
Yes, thanks. The FlyingBlue website specifically mentions DL marketed and Skyteam operated flights as earning 125% in Z.

Alitalia says flights operated by Delta earn 150% for Z; and flights operated by KLM earn 200% in Z.