FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which row to book in DL First
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:54 pm
Qwkynuf

Originally Posted by ok986
Hi all, although I've been a few times in my life upgraded to DL First Class, I've never actually had an option of choosing my seat. I managed to get a Flying Blue mileage redemption on DL's SFO-SEA-ANC (and back) in May for Ms ok986 and myself, and was wondering which row should we select. The SFO-SEA (and SEA-SFO) is operated by E175; SEA-ANC (and back) are operated by B737-800. At the moment, almost all the seats on all four flights are open, and we're booked in 1CD for SFO-SEA-ANC, 1AB on ANC-SEA, and 1CD on SEA-SFO. Is here any particular reason to switch to another row, and if so, which row should we pick instead? Thanks for your advice in advance!
On the E175s it really doesn't make much difference, although many people (myself included) avoid row #1 due to limited legroom and no space to store your personal item. If you stick with row #1 , it would be a good idea to try to board as early as possible to ensure access to overhead bins for your stuff.

On the 738s, the same caution with regard to Row 1, but otherwise the seats are the same. If you care about meal choice, the flight attendants are *supposed* to use a system known as "FEBO" - taking orders from
"F"ront to back on
"E"ven numbered flights, and from
"B"ack to front on
"O"dd numbered flights

in other words, on flight 212 they should start at row 1, while on flight 121 they would start at row 4 on your 737-800. That said, I have only seen them follow the rule about 40% of the time, so I usually just pick something in the middle and hope for the best.