FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair, stop waitlisted upgrades!
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:26 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
So far using the vouchers and getting upgrades for my frequently flown HEL-LHR-flights has been no pain. No help of the web upgrade tool but after contacting AY Plus by email or chat, the upgrades have been processed within a day.

In the near future I begin frequenting AMS. The planes have only 1 to 2 rows of J (with several rows of pre-paid seat and meal) and no immediate upg-reserve. Email to AY Plus: March passed. April pending. May passed.

For the long haul sectors, this Feb PVR upgrade was impossible ("thank you" Aurinkomatkat and fanny packers! I have seen You to and from HAV ). I ended up buying J-tickets. For the upcoming Oct-Nov trip MIA, 4 LH upgrades were available right away (initially I was trying to find availability to Far-East in Oct by contacting the AY Plus and the only availability was one return from HKG for 2 pax). After all... more happy leisure time in Miami that time than in the Far-East...

Something needs to be done - AY Plus, please take a note!

Last edited by TTL; Jan 27, 2019 at 11:35 am