FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Annaer
I'v looked at seatmaps and 16A or 16K would be ideal for me, next to a window, just my wife beside me, more room (not because of my size, but weak/unsteady legs and body) and not cramped with people around me and or in my face when they recline.
From what I'v read they save these seats for executive members with higher status and that's not me, yet. This is my second flight with BA, after this I will be a bronze.
These seats are actually bassinet seats so kept back for parents with infants. There are 3 such positions in WTP on the 787-9, namely 16A, 16E and 16K. All of 16 has good leg room and space, and nothing reclining into you, so I wonder if perhaps you could book 16F and 16J, so with the aisle between you? The seat row is slightly staggered but you are still fairly close together. Then on the flight if 16E or 16K remains unused you are in with a chance of swapping around. Having said that LAX services tend to run full, and extra full in WTP, so I would work on the basis that every seat will be taken, even 16E, which is otherwise unpopular as a seat.

I think you have an essential trade off here - a couple seat by the window, but the risk of someone reclining into your space. Or whatever is left on row 16. And there isn't much you can do about the reclining, particularly on the return - it is quite a long flight.