FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis car rental through BA
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:43 am
rjn21

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Avis CPT. Booked as a flight and car as a BA holiday.

Second driver - attempted fee but then agreed not to charge.

A documentation fee - avis couldn’t explain it. Do I want the car yes or no. If yes pay fee.

I asked for the value of the prepaid voucher to he applied. “It’s not a prepaid booking sir”. Despite the voucher for car hire stating very clearly it was prepaid.

Phoned BA holidays 24 hr duty office. They couldn’t resolve after speaking to avis.

Only solution if I wanted a car was to pay avis again directly for the BA rate, but in ZAR. Then ask BA holidays for a refund of the GBP value of the car hire voucher.

I forsee a s.75 with Amex, possible MCOL with BA, for the total amount paid in ZAR today (as converted to GB£ by NatWest black) minus the value of the GB£ refund (if any) received from BA.

Ok for me with sufficient credit capacity to front the double charge of the car hire. Pity the person who doesn’t have that capacity and may have diffuculty enjoying a holiday with an unexpected ZAR7,000 held on their card.

Avis Safe Drive app (total garbage telematic data skimmer) added at a cost of 180 ZAR. Agent said it was included at no cost. I didn’t spot it because the rental agreement was all done without it. Then the Issue of the voucher came up. Once I agreed to pay in full it’s an e-signature and you can’t go back onscreen to see the agreement which had the 180 added without me knowing.

petrol tank 3/4 full. Handover person already gone so I couldn’t query.

Last edited by rjn21; Jan 26, 2019 at 9:56 am