FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:37 am
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Two percent gets us to maybe 20,000-40,000 people, which would seem to be an enormous number to cover with Ambassadors, but might be a reasonable target for PP, although if we then say that PPwithAMB is 2% of PP, the number becomes much too small to be credible, although OTOH a large fraction of PPs would cluster just over the requirement with 75-80 nights per year. Of course, I realize that hotels and airlines are different, but the common claim that 20% of customers are responsible for 80% of profits is claimed to be a rough rule that holds over a very wide range of businesses.
I have never asked but what is the ratio of People per Ambassador. I could see it being 500 to a 1K. Yes that is a very big number, but doable As I rarely call and ask for anything. Even then it is an email for a stay not posting etc. I have always thought it sounds a lot better then it is, they are not actively monitoring my account 90 % of my travel is booked through our corporate travel so their is no interaction with my ambassador and assume your typical road warrior is similar. All the nice things they can do sound nice but are for a vacation once a year, not work related.