FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China and Japan on TG/JL/QF Y, CX J
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:40 am
antebellum

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Guangzhou (Part 1 Continued)

For "brunch", me and my friend met up again and went for some dim sum. Pretty busy hall, although my friend said this suggests the atmosphere for this place is good.

The selections we ordered was truly delicious. Some good photos too.

After that, more mall-hopping. This time in a different location. Must be students having lunch time breaks.

Full of designer brands, and super expensive too. No wonder why the whole mall is basically empty, except the staff.

Four-storey tall fountain. Never seen that before.

A mini-ferris wheel, decoration only. LOL.

I headed back to my apartment, sorting out the trip to Japan. This time it is the hotel and internal transport. My sister went to Japan a year ago, she gave me a list of where to go, and approximately how many days. I had 9 days of "layover" on my stopover JAL flight on Alaska miles (HKG-HND-CAN, since the arrival time and departure time was not ideal, it is basically 7 days only), then it comes to this plan of how many nights: 1 (Tokyo overnight)-2 (Kyoto)-1 (Osaka)-2 (Mt. Fuji)-2 (Tokyo). I decided on Conrad over Park Hyatt for the last two nights (Only $300 per night vs. Park Hyatt which wanted over $500 per night for my date, plus my Hilton Gold was expiring soon). Otherwise, nothing too fancy.
In terms of Shinkansen booking, I found an app called Smart EX, which is run by the JR and allows ticket collection on machines at the station. It helped me a lot to book the ticket for the sectors that need travel on Shinkansen.