FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is There a Deadline to Merge Accounts?
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:45 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Thanks for that suggestion. I had not received the email mentioned in the other thread and for some reason, did not even think to change one of the email addresses. I will do so, but think you are probably correct that this is only a band-aid until Feb 13. I am in the same boat as you with account issues that need to be handled, and I would much rather handle it while the accounts are separate instead of combining and possibly having a new issue on our hands after combining.

I really am very unhappy that MB would send an email about this only five days before they plan to remove one, and right before a weekend, no less, so it's not like my Ambassador can help me fix the account issues over the weekend. So I basically have only Monday and Tuesday to rectify all of those issues before they combine which may cause more chaos and definitely more confusion in terms of tracking and tracing history. To me, this is just one more issue with the colossal mess that this merger has been, and it really bugs me that they could not see fit to notify us with more notice of the actual date that this had to be done. Five days is not enough notice at all when people have much more going on in their lives than sitting and watching their MB accounts. To me, it shows the same lack of respect and concern for their most loyal members that they have displayed throughout this merger.