FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:40 pm
lallied

Originally Posted by mamau
Dear FTers, I can't put enough emphasis on the fact that you MUST obtain the white comp sheet for anything to happen as far as compensation. I could not obtain one on a flight last week, after being switched from one deflated seat to another deflated seat. SD never responded when I asked and a familiar and friendly crew member said that he wold try to get me one but that the SD was stingy(lazy?). I sent my comments via the AC website and received this response:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your continued customer loyalty and apologize for the discomfort you have experienced on more then one occasion due to your Business Class seat not inflating properly. I am pleased to have the opportunity to address this concern.

We recognize that our top tier customers look forward to the additional comforts of their Business Class seats. I am very sorry that on multiple occasions your comfort has been negatively affected by the seat not inflating properly. Please know that our operations managers are aware of this issue and our Cabin Engineering team is working with the aircraft manufacturer on a more permanent solution to the seat inflation issue. We apologize for letting you down on these occasions.

Please know that we are normally not able to offer compensation unless an Onboard Compensation form has been provided by our in-flight team. Your comments regarding our onboard agents not providing these forms has been forwarded to our in-flight managers for internal review and action. Therefore, in this instance we are making an exception and providing compensation for your experiences flying between Toronto and Sao Paulo. Air Canada regrets the impression you have been left with and does not wish for you to remain disappointed. As a gesture of goodwill, we are pleased to provide you with an Air Canada eCoupon in the amount of $XXXX
Getting one out of some SDs is like pulling hens teeth.