FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skysuite vs Neo Shell...is it worth a detour?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:04 pm
specboi

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Skysuite vs Neo Shell...is it worth a detour?

Need some advice from seasoned travellers on here.

I am debating between two flights SGN to HND or HAN to NRT.
Both flights are red eye, and gets me into Tokyo around the same time.

However, the SGN to HND route would get me closer to my hotel in Tokyo + the flight time from CXR to HND would be shorter, w/ a shorter connection time as well, but the 1 major downside is that the J Cabin in this flight has the old Neo Shell Seats, which I did fly once from YVR to NRT....it wasn't great, but still better than Y of course.

The HAN to NRT route puts me at Narita, which is about an extra 45min or so commute time to my Hotel, plus the flight from CXR to HAN is longer (2 hours vs. 1hr), and the layover is 4 hours instead of the 2 hours on the other route. The Major plus here is that this route has the SkySuite seating, which I have never tried before, but have heard great things about.

So I am asking if the Sky Suite is worth the detour for me to fly from HAN to NRT, instead of SGN to HND? We would like to land in Tokyo and go do some touristy things, so a good night sleep is important to us, but I am not sure if the seating will really make that much of a difference in a 5 hour regional flight......but part of me really wants to try the SkySuite product.

Hoping you guys can give me some advice and maybe sway me in one direction or another.

Thanks in advance!