FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:08 pm
Giggleswick

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Whole "Column" of Center Seats Blocked?

I'm flying SFO-LHR in E- on a 772 in July. It's 3-4-3 and the seat map shows all letter "F" seats (one of the two middle seats in the middle section) as "occupied or unavailable."

I'm going Basic Economy. (I know, I know...but I'll only have a carryon and even after paying to seat select I'm saving enough to make it worth it.) Anyway, at first I was getting the seat map by going in through "My Trips," which means I'd show up as BE, so I thought maybe the blocking was a sneaky way of keeping BE families of four from sitting together. But I see the same thing even when looking at the seat map when just doing a flight search, and even for other days.

Obviously, I don't actually want to sit in a middle seat, but I'm just curious as to why they'd do this. Any ideas? Surely they can't be trying to keep the center section from being too crowded, can they?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 24, 2019 at 10:02 pm Reason: moved to consolidated thread