FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger acceptance: Can Passenger complaints get you kicked off a flight?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:10 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by travellerK
My issue is not that body odor can get you kicked off a plane (though after 36 hours of travel on buses, trains, and planes from remote parts of the world, I don't want to think too much about my body odor, though that doesn't apply here).

My issue is that AA makes no assertion that they investigated and concurred with the accusation. They accepted the passenger complaints at face value. So anyone with a personal or ethnic dislike of someone else can get them kicked off a plane? I don't think that AA has any personal or ethnic dislikes of anyone, but to not be alert to this possibility and do some independent investigation sounds like poor customer service training to me.
We really have no idea what happened.

I’ve been with people who, to themselves, were just fine; to me, maybe less so. Often it was about me and what I’m used to.

But I’ve visited with, as examples, Ovahimba and Maasai people. The former groom themselves with sheep fat and ochre, the latter live around cattle, bring young calves into their shelters to sleep with them and smell perpetually smokey. I’ve worked with others who had eaten really pungent kimchi, I’ve been with others eating Durian etc. And I’m sure others from different cultures have had different perceptions of me.

I could imagine AA pax complaining about odors they’re unused to and crew following through. But I’m not willing to somehow deduce this was based in diaper poop, ethnicity or any other factor without knowing any facts about this matter.