FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:39 am
sy7217

Programs: BA Gold/Hilton Gold/Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, was allowed to buy access to Al Safwa with a J award flight issued by Japan Airlines.

I asked the lady scanning boarding passes at the bottom of the AM escalator. She said yes it is possible, just go talk to the Al Safwa front desk. AS front desk called their supervisor, she checked my boarding pass and said I was eligible. And charged my credit card. 250 QAR.

​​​​​

​​​​​
Thank you for the report, it is good to hear that and I will definitely pay for the AS lounge.

Will arrive DOH at 1615 on 05JUN and leave DOH at 0725 on 06JUN (hope the lounge will be refilled with alcohol as Ramadan ends on 04JUN).
As first time to DOH(also first time on QR), I think I will grab a taxi and have a short visit to the Museum of Islamic Art before it closes at 1900,
then walk to Souk Waqif and have a dinner before getting back to the airport. As per above posts the visit of AS lounge will be limited to 6 hours
so I will stay in the AM lounge until 0100 and head to the AS lounge afterwards.