Old Jan 24, 19, 7:10 am
cgtechuk
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post

At least with concert tickets, once you secure tickets you get a set amount of time to pay for them. Very poor show from BA on this offer..
Managed to get PIT yesterday , BGI and PHL today,

Concert tickets are different they are for a set date only so its easy to lock a booking there is far too many variables by locking revenue, QR did this once for the Sake fare and it annoyed a hell of a lot more people than it helped as soon as the first 10 people got on it blocked all the revenue buckets its simply not effective at all and not the same as Concert tickets when its so variable,

As for those moaning about the website I am going to guess there were thousands and thousands of simultaneous sessions to the database and I am pretty sure Armadeus would have went into melt down, Pretty similar to any mistake fare.

I found the trick was to hit refresh at 11:59 and 57 seconds, that let your browser send the refresh request and the content page on the website had completed before hand,

Before hand i had logged into two browsers on the BAEC page so it would prefill all my info inc cc details and also had all the dates I was available on a spreadsheet so I was through and ticketed at 12:03