FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:54 am
n198ua

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PushingTin
I'm not a huge fan of the 1K pre-board. Pre-boarding is getting a little crazy and the number of gate lice now is going up a lot, especially on some routes.

I don't know who is the DYKWIA, but I was getting ready for a flight and there are the 10-12 people milling around the check in counter. A couple has been slowly easing their way closer to the podium and the stop short right besides me. 1Ks are going to be last called. But before they are called, she starts to try to wriggle past me. I just shoot her a crusty look, that was really way over the top- the kind of look that should be reserved for genocide conspirators. And she just stops in her tracks. Actually didn't think that she would stop. Felt bad about it now, and she seemed to realize that she was being a bit pushy and felt bad about it.

Still boarded in front of her.
I've read this a couple of times and I'm still not sure what happened. You were in line to board and someone tried to cut in front of you ?