FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Properties with Bonus Point Package higher than 5,000 points
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:21 pm
Marriott15

Originally Posted by scubaccr
It is all in the IHG main t+c's etc, actually in multiple places, main t+c's, and the terms for booking the official IHG EQP Bonus points "packages". So, no, points are only EQP if stated in such offers that they will be given out as EQP.

You can not infer anywhere that the lack of a statement makes this ambiguous, shops/businesses etc will list and tell you an "extra positivse" ie what something gives you, you can never infer that because description did not state a lack of something you want (in this case EQP) that they will be. It is the other way arounf, the fact the positive in description is missing means they are not.
So after today I am so confused now. I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night that offered a 5,000 points bonus points package and today it posted as its own line as "Hotel Promotion Bonus Points." Those 5,000 didn't go to my qualifying points/status. This is the same way my 10k posted.

But last week I stayed at a different Holiday Inn and the 5,000 points package posted along with my stay under the base points and elite bonus points. Those 5,000 points posted to my qualifying points/status. Last year all of my 5k points posted that way.

So are the 5,000 packages supposed to be non qualifying as well?

Last edited by Marriott15; Jan 23, 2019 at 11:28 pm Reason: More infor