FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Years of status is available
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:44 pm
naumank

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by X-ON
Too clarify my point I do not say that there are a lot of instances with data points that have not been aggregated according to the a priori stipulated rules communicated by the Lurkers.. What I am saying is that many of these accounts have been signed off as accurate. In order for the CEO to publicly go out and say that the systems are stable must have involved some sort of sign off from the responsible IT management. After all MAR is publicly traded and to release such a statement you need at least your internal sign off(s) done. At least if I was the CEO I would like to protect my behind .... I guess this is the scenario with the highest likelihood ... Now as always with MAR certain aspects of the business are run very unprofessional which makes what with another corporation would be unthinkable more likely ...
I totally agree.

Status.marriatt.com claimed that all LT status was correct for everyone many months back. If the Marriott IT runs another script just to deduct a few years from a few members' accounts now, it is very bad customer service and gross incompetence. But with the current senior management, who knows if they care?