FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:57 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
I also get those emails and I am usually acknowledged as an ambassador at check-in. However, even if the confirmation emails mention my status as PPE, they list Your24 as one of the elite benefits I may enjoy, which is a benefit reserved for PPE+A. I don’t think it’s any kind of glitch, but rather how it is supposed to work. For the time being PPE+A does not seem to be a membership tier per se but more of a higher ranking within the general PPE tier, much in the same way as P75 and P100 were not separate membership tiers in the old SPG program.
But them why does it show PP rather than just Plat as PP was supposedly just a special subset of MR Plats, just as Amb, Plat75, and Plat 50 were claimed to be just rankings of Plat, with PlatMinus being the real status tier at SPG.

However, some reservations do show Amb status now, versus the old SPG way of hotels knowing about a guest having Ambassador service when an Ambassador contacts the property.

The problem I have is that I've been questioned about this (several times now) despite my ambassador (or a substitute ambassador) having contacted the property in advance for me.

Arfe you suggesting that I should submit unneeded Your24 requests just to prove that I have an Ambassador? That seems like a great way to waste everyone's time.