FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:40 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 1/20 - 1/21

Location: The hotel is located in Rumlang about five minutes from ZRH. There's not much around the hotel, just an adjacent Hilton Apartments building and a few other hotels. There are a couple of supermarkets and a few restaurants within a mile of the hotel and if you're willing to make a long walk down a hill there's a S-Bahn Station.

Hotel: The hotel is built onto a hill so the lobby is actually on the 4th floor along with a floor of rooms. Off the lobby is a souvenir store, a small business center with two computers, a large restaurant and bar which has a breakfast and a dinner buffet. There's also an Executive Lounge in the lobby as well. There's an airport shuttle that begins at 5:00 AM and runs every 20 minutes. It's free from the airport but costs 5 CHF to the airport. You pay the desk at check out and they give you a ticket for the bus.

Check In: I was helped by a very friendly agent who apologized I could only be upgraded to a deluxe room. He also apologized to me that happy hour at the lounge was over and he gave me a coupon for a free drink at the bar.

Room: Pretty dated. There are no outlets next to the bed and the bathroom was absolutely tiny. On the positive side it was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Restaurant: The bar was well stocked and the food was good but wow are the prices high. I had a burger which was 28.50 CHF and a beer which was 8.50 CHF. Still, service was good.

Lounge: Very pleasant space though I wasn't able to eat anything. They had soft drinks and coffee out at 9 PM which was nice.

For an airport hotel it works very well. If you want to go into Zurich itself the Holiday Inn Express might be a little better because you can walk to an S-Bahn Station but this hotel is a lot nicer than it. I'd be back.