FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador confusion
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:03 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jn in ca
The Marriott FAQ is explicit on the renaming of status levels: "only the name has changed." A previous year at 75 night status is still counted as a year at 75 night status. Only the name has changed.

With that in mind, I think what the OP meant is clear. OP believes he had enough prior years at more than 75 nights each.

Of course, this confusion was predictable and entirely avoidable if the brain trust at Starriott had not reused the name "platinum." It's nice to see that they finally listened and are going to rename the level "titanium" but it's too late to avoid the confusion.
My point is that currently the only LTPPs are the legacy MR LTPs and that qualification was based on lifetime POINTS and lifetime nights. Years of elite status was irrelevant, although earlier the program also requires twelve years of MR membership at any level. The evidence presented shows that the person has about 2,000 nights and more than ten years of Plat status, but we don't know whether these are combined numbers or not, although the elite status year counts make me suspect that accounts might have already been combined.

At this point,

750+ MR legacy ONLY nights? Maybe

2,000,000 lifetime MR points? Who knows?