FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How would YOU improve T5 - radical ideas to reboot BA’s “home”
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by xxxxx

You really think that an airport can run with stands being allocated “on the fly”???

Stands show in the system at least 48 hours in advance!!!! They frequently change to BA’s requirements and as necessary due to delays of outbound and inbound flights.
You might be right about this. But the changes are not that frequent within 6 hours of a flight departure. I use flightstats frequently and I can see gate changes for a particular flight all the time. However, within 6 hours of a flight the gate information seems to be very stable and the change is RARE. So there is room for BA and Heathrow Airport to improve. BA and Heathrow Airport has large quantity of gate data and I am sure they can display the gate information much earlier. We are not talking about one day in advance, but merely 2 hours before a flight, which is surely manageable.

Plus, I often was told the gate information when checking into a lounge, at least 30-45 minutes before the information available on the screen, and never once that information was wrong although the lounge attendants always say that it is subject to change.