FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:08 pm
JetSet05

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
I have to admit, reading the posts about 2 people receiving upgrades to the Napua rooms makes me a bit jealous.

I also had a reward stay, terrace room. Doing online check in, I was pre-assigned to a deluxe ocean view, which made me incredibly thrilled (8th floor). When I got to the hotel, I went to the check in desk, and they changed my room to an ocean view room, chapel wing, floor 2. I asked why they couldn't honor the online check in room, and she said because they were sold out. I said, but I did online check-in, and was assigned the room by the hotel just 24 hours prior. Her reply was that there was plumbing problems in the room I was assigned to previously. I said, then why can't you move me to another deluxe ocean view, since that was what was granted on my online check-in. Her reply was that online check-in was not a guarantee to a room, they can change it if they want. Which was an annoying response.

All in all, I was grateful for my upgrade, but annoyed that I also did get a downgrade at the same time. Ironically, from the hallway of my room, I could tell that there were people staying in my online check-in room, so I question whether or not the room actually had plumbing issues.