FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonvoy credit cards
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:45 am
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Yeah, if the “special rate” is more expensive than the regular Marriott member rate, it will be a joke. I often use AAA rates if my corporate rate isn’t available, and if those won’t qualify then it may be time to cancel this card.
You can check the rate at RC properties using rate code Z34. It's generally about the same as the BAR, and RC properties don't tend to have heavily discounted rates beyond that, but YMMV.

Originally Posted by OskiBear
NEW! $100 Property Credit: With your Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, receive up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® when you book direct using a special rate for a 2 night minimum stay.³

This feels an awful lot like the similar $100 credit on the AMEX Hilton Aspire card. You have to book via a special rate that is typically more expensive, thereby negating the $100 benefit.
Well you can check the rates yourself using the rate code I mentioned above. Don't be pessimistic.