FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:21 am
ATLConsultant

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Just to clarify industry terms (as previously mentioned in another post) Expedia is NEVER the "marketing carrier". The marketing carrier is just the carrier whose flight number is on the ticket. Expedia is just the travel agency. In your case, it sounds like you had an exception fare (bulk fare). If the Jet operated flights were listed as DL flight numbers, you would earn on Delta's exception fare policy. (See DL website). On an exception fare booked into Z with DL flight number booked on Jet, you WOULD get credit. I would fight this with Delta. If the exception fare had pure Jet flight numbers, I have to admit, I don't what the policy is there for exception fares.
I'm very aware of what you write, Utskicat. The table you linked supports this. I had the same argument with the Diamond agent on the phone. Her response: "must be a special fare" and "sometimes if it's a special fare like this it just doesn't qualify". I, too, assumed I would get full credit for those Jet legs...as this is Delta policy. The agent said Expedia or someone else must have marketed the flight...that wasn't me. I'm just repeating what I was being told by the Diamond agent. I'm just telling people to beware, because in this scenario the Delta policy (as it appears) does not hold true. And who you gonna fight this with exactly? The Diamond agent? lol. Good luck fighting this with an actual body at Delta.....i've tried this before with MQMs on a Jet flight and I wasn't exactly "David" in that battle. So don't shoot the messenger when i'm trying to help others from falling into that Delta trap. ALWAYS check your MQMs with Delta directly after booking. ALWAYS.