FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SKYTEAM: ATL-BOM (R/T) $2058 USD (Expedia package)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:10 am
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
What i'm trying to say is I booked a flight initially that showed as Delta farecodes. Using the chart below, Utskicat, i should have received FF credit for the Jet legs. They were "Z". But when i booked it and checked, i didn't receive the Jet legs. I know from first hand experience how this chart should work. I've gotten stubbed on it before. I asked the Delta agent and she said that it was a "special fare" and said something about how it had to be marketed by Delta and that this must be marketed by either a partner or expedia, as it most definitely was NOT giving me credit. Just wanting to warn others, as I was expecting credit based on the chart below too. I just ask everyone to check with their airline to make sure they're getting FF credit after booking. You have 24 hours to cancel it. But according to that chart below, YES, I should have received credit. But i did not. I don't want others to fall into that quaqmire.
Just to clarify industry terms (as previously mentioned in another post) Expedia is NEVER the "marketing carrier". The marketing carrier is just the carrier whose flight number is on the ticket. Expedia is just the travel agency. In your case, it sounds like you had an exception fare (bulk fare). If the Jet operated flights were listed as DL flight numbers, you would earn on Delta's exception fare policy. (See DL website). On an exception fare booked into Z with DL flight number booked on Jet, you WOULD get credit. I would fight this with Delta. If the exception fare had pure Jet flight numbers, I have to admit, I don't what the policy is there for exception fares.