Old Jan 23, 19, 8:48 am
notquiteaff

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
I just got off chat with Amex because I received straight 3X on my Dec 19 statement, which included a Hilton stay for around $800 (14X on my Aspire). They fed me the same story -- they can see the points as pending and claim the process is that they will post with the next statement. (first she actually said they post 24-48 hrs after the statement closing, then when I pointed out it had been 10 days, it turned into "next statement"). That's news to me and certainly the Nov statement posted the bonus Hilton stay credit as a separate line item, but at the same time as the 3X points.

Put a to-do item in my list to contact them again after the Jan statement closes, assuming those points don't magically appear in the meantime.

They were also not willing or able to post $250 Aspire resort credit after 6 weeks. Wait 8-12 weeks, she said. Another to-do item.
Another month, and other bunch of points posted that don’t seem to reconcile with the charges to my Amex statement.

I have three separate postings:

- Amex Aspire Card Pts on Eligible Spend
- Aspire Card Bonus Pts on Airfare Spend
- Aspire Card Bonus Pts on Hilton Spend

Are the last two bonus categories supposed to be the full 7x and 14x points or just the category bonuses (4x and 11x) on top of the 3x regular spend? I did the math both ways and it doesn’t add up either way, but there is also the complicating/confusing statement from Amex chat that the bonus points post a month later.