FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Properties with Bonus Point Package higher than 5,000 points
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:21 am
Marriott15

Originally Posted by scubaccr
You got the advertised 10k, which are issued as hotel-bonus points as under a hotel-promotion/offer, not the EQP type IHG-promo/offer, and thus posted as standard reward club points, they are not eligible to be posted as EQPs

a)you got lucky. the ihger should not have done that for you
b)if you chance again by following up to get changed after next stay, if you get a correctly informed ihger, then as well as being told no, that ihger may reverse last times EQP win to non-EQP
Scuba, does it state anywhere in terms and conditions that 10k bonus points packages are not qualifying points? The rate details for both the 10k and 5k are the same terms.

Also I did the live online chat and the agent told me they would get these switched to qualifying. Then the email I got was from a totally different agent. So there was 2 agents that did that for me.

Last year for me the 10k points posted directly as qualifying.

Not saying you are wrong....just seems like IHG should mandate all hotels post in their terms they are not qualifying.

I will achieve spire anyway without the 10k point packages so its not that huge deal to me. Be interesting to see what happens and I will keep everyone updated.