FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shady Sky Club bartender
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:53 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I went to the B terminal Sky Club in Atlanta. The wine list had bottles of Moet champagne for $14 or 700 miles. Great value until they serve it and you discover it is a single serving bottle, not even a full flute of champagne. Talk about shady. The menu doesn't disclose the bottle is, in fact, not a bottle.

But regardless, what's even more shady is the bartender tried charging me DOUBLE the price. She claimed the menu was a misprint and the real price was $30 or 1,750 miles. I had to get a manager.

Makes you wonder how many people the bartender has ripped off, as presumably most people don't pay that much attention to the prices.
If it's business travel, why should you care? <joke>

To me, it would be unreasonable to expect a full or even half bottle of Moët in a restaurant or bar for $14, so it would necessarily be just a split (or a glass if the word bottle didn't appear). DL doesn't subsidize the luxury bar alcohol served in SCs, but the prices generally seem fair compared to a city hotel bar, for example.