FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shady Sky Club bartender
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:20 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by BenA

1750 miles/$30ish is roughly the price of a glass of Dom Perignon, so it’s possible the bartender rung you up as that rather than the Moet single serving bottle by accident (or assumed incorrectly that all premium champagnes are the same price).

Given that a normal 750ml bottle of Moët is $45ish list, I think the 187mL mini at $14 is quite fairly priced. (Retail on that is actually $15.97, on wine.com). So I don’t think that part of the transaction is shady or unexpected, although perhaps they could clarify further the amount you receive on the wine list with some additional language there.

Originally Posted by Bowgie
At that price (700 miles), I'd expect a mini, not a bottle. However, doubling the price at the end seems bogus. This is odd because Skyclub bartenders have no incentive to rip-off customers.
I think the price as published is fair, but the menu is deceptive because it doesn't indicate that this isn't a full bottle.

But regardless, I saw the bartender get the Moet, open it and pour it and then charge me double the price. Very shady. Again, I suspect most people don't pay close attention to this.

And if they got away with this a few times, they would get more of a tip as most customers who didn't notice the overcharge would tip based off $30. So instead of a $2 tip they're getting a tip of over $4.