FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Agent for Botswana Safari + Etosha/Bwabwata in Namibia
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:05 pm
dcstudent

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Booking Agent for Botswana Safari + Etosha/Bwabwata in Namibia

Hi all,

Looking for advice on choosing a travel agent to assist with booking a safari for November 2021. I know it's too early to book now, but I'm struggling with looking for an agent. There are tons of companies that will book these for you, and too many have alot of 5* reviews from posters (on say TripAdvisor) that are suspect (only 1 post). Also, are there any advantages/disadvantages to booking through a local planner (in Maun) or a US based one?

At the moment leaning towards Travel Beyond in the US or Safari Lifestyles in Maun.

It's interesting, I've never felt this nervous planning a trip. Every trip I've gone on so far has been completely self-planned - and even this one I'll book my own flights/rental 4x4/hotels(in cities), but with the huge expense of this trip I'm quite nervous about picking a poor provider and having the trip not work out.