FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earliest check-in time at HKG and booking class questions
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:54 pm
SuloL

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by lsquare
I didn't know CX metal is the same time as Cathay Dragon. I took the morning flight to PVG last year and the earliest check-in time is 6 AM. I was there at 5 AM and the reps took their time even as the clock hit 6 AM to walk to the desk and turn on the computers. I thought CX metal would be faster.

Since my flight is a bit early in the day and I'm not exactly a morning person, I was hoping I can even check-in my suitcase at the CX counter before they close for the night. That way I won't have to carry my suitcase around the airport.
I might be mistaken, it's been a very long time since I've been to HKG that early. Go with 6am just to be sure. The first KA departure (PVG) is at 7.30am and the first CX departure (MNL) at 7.50am, so they should both open at roughly the same time.

I think you can also check your bag in at the airport the day before. However, at least for US departures CX seems to strictly enforce the 24h policy. But unless you live on Lantau, the in-town check-in might be more convenient (see below).

Originally Posted by lsquare
Check-in at the Airport Express stations? Like any of them (i.e. HK station or Kowloon Station)? How do I check-in at the station and I'm guessing I can do that with any airlines? I've never done that before.
In-town check-in is available at Hong Kong and Kowloon Airport Express Stations. Available from the day before up to 90 mins until departure. More info here: MTR > Privileges and Complimentary Services You need an Airport Express train ticket to access the check-in area. Not all airlines participate, but CX/KA (and IME most major ones) do.

Last edited by SuloL; Jan 22, 2019 at 6:00 pm