FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:11 pm
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by escape4
Without bad intentions in asking the question and certainly no desire to be rude, but like what to recommend the W? No lounge, only a couple of drinks, unlikely suite upgrades, location is ok but not the best, service is ok but not the best, same for breakfast... So what's left? Lots of good options in Bangkok. I have never stayed at W Bangkok so what do I know, but I am still waiting for good arguments from reputable FTers to pull the trigger and try it myself once and for all. But if new properties such as Marriott Surawong and Hyatt Regency come along and get very good reviews they are ahead of the cue and I keep having W as an after thought. Heck I might be more willing to try other properties with so-so reviews such as Waldorf before W.
House on Sathorn is somewhere I’d actually go to drink/eat if it wasn’t part of the hotel, I don’t think I can say that about a single other bar/restaurant in a Marriott hotel in BKK (maybe Zuma?). The free drinks vouchers can be used there too, by the way, which blows away any lounge globally in terms of quality of drinks if not quantity. I think that’s a huge draw for me.

Breakfast, pool, gym are all good if not the best. Studio Suites I really like. Location I also like.