View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:48 pm
lost_in_translation

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
Any recent reports regarding platinum premiere treatment? Upgrades?
This hotel isn't known for being overly generous with upgrades, so if that's the main thing you're looking for I'd recommend choosing one of the other Marriott options. If you book a base category room you'll probably get either a one or two category upgrade but you have to get quite lucky to end up in a suite normally without applying an SNA. I think the core issue is that they don't have lots of suites unlike, say, the St. Regis and they offer the suites they do have for fairly reasonable cash rates so they are frequently booked. I received no upgrade this month but I'd booked a Studio Suite so wasn't expecting one.

You'll get a couple of drinks vouchers, the option of breakfast or points, possibly some sort of welcome amenity but that will probably be pretty much it in terms of benefits.

If an upgrade/status benefits aren't the only considerations there is still quite a lot to recommend the W, in my opinion.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Jan 22, 19 at 3:55 pm