FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T-shirt on a UA flight yesterday
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:07 pm
s0ssos

Originally Posted by 757FO
Ok, breaking my rule, and replying.

Folks, make no mistake, MANY of us have made UA management aware of our shortcomings. Truly, myself and many others have been the squeaky wheel about lots of operational stuff. I personally want the airline to do better, and I know many, many of my peers feel the same way. There is also a consensus among some, that regardless of what we do, UA has become the poster child for what is wrong, both accurate and perceived about the airline industry.

Yes, we have to do better as a company. I can assure you, I have sent pics of those t-shirts to several people within the airline who can help to address these things.

Having said that, the t-shirts are ridiculous. But, maybe part of that is because I'm frustrated that our hard and soft product isn't better. I'm just a pilot, and the only thing I can do is make those above me aware of the issues, and try to instill in the crew, a sense of pride.
I always wondered how the good could be good, when their product is so bad. Obviously they do not always want to be apologizing. But then just having a stern face and not caring anymore isn't good either.