FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage companion seat awards.
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:53 pm
greenarmy

Mileage companion seat awards.

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice on the companion seat awards, but the ones for which you spend miles on - not any of the various companion vouchers.

They are found on the third tab along on the VFC website on spending miles on their own flights (I cannot supply the link as too few posts)

I want to book the revenue ticket through amex travel, not direct with virgin, for amex offers reasons.
When I tweeted into the Virgin twitter account, they said that booking with a travel agent was no problem and that VFC can add a companion seat to that booking (availability dependant)

So I booked, received email confirmation, waited 30 mins or so, and that ticket had appeared in my VFC account. I ring up VFC to add the companion seat and they say its not possible, due to not booking through Virgin.
Does anyone have experience of this?
Are twitter wrong or do I need to do some HUACA'ing?

EDIT: Is it possible that the agents are correctly applying the rules but for the voucher companion seat? Do the voucher ones require a virgin booked ticket?

(The revenue ticket is in economy classic which is explicitly said to be valid in all booking classes so that should'nt be the issue)

Thanks for your help and thoughts.

Last edited by greenarmy; Jan 22, 2019 at 4:01 pm Reason: Extra Question