FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Timing on WOH Visa $5K spend 2 qualifying nights
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:06 pm
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
But that didn't happen either.

Count me as one of the people who (mistakenly) thought that the nights would all count for the status year that the statement posts.

Have we figured out if the spend was zeroed out on Jan 1? Or if leftover spend (under $5000) carries over? The terms say that you get 2 nights for every $5000 spent, nothing about exceptions if that $5000 is over multiple calendar years.

Data Point:

My statement closed Jan 20. I had about 2.2K dollars in spend on my WoH card since December 20th. On that Dec 20 statement, my rolling extra towards my next 2 nights was something close to 3-4K.

I got 2 EQDs posted to my account yesterday with my statement.

My guess (which matches my expectation) is that the 5K is just on a continuous roll. When you close a statement that exceeds that roll, you get credit then and there. Chase isn't going to split up spending between the years midcycle. My bet with the 15K/cat1-4 count is that it resets on your anniversary statement date.