FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start here (2019-2024)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:00 pm
asc8u

Hi.
Thanks for taking my questions. New to MS; just got a few VGC with the recent Staples sale along with Amex offer.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to liquidate. I had a few issues that I want to make sure I understand them correctly:

1. Just ordered a BB card but I saw one suggestion about applying for 5. I saw some mention of cycling the
cards to reduce risk of shut down? If one account gets shutdown, do they all get shut down?
2. Looking at BB vs Serve, I was thinking to start with BB, since there's a WM close by and looks like it
doesn't have monthly fee compared with Serve. But if it doesn't work out at WM, or if i want to try to increase my
rate of liquidation, then I should add or switch to Serve?
3. Speaking of WM, looks like I'll just have to found out if my local WM has any problems adding GC funds to BB.
I saw that I'm only supposed to mention "debit" but the cards I picked up Staples are clearly labelled as GC.
It was mentioned that other GCs ordered online like from GCM could be labelled with my name that it looks more
like a debit card - those are easier to liquidate if they ask to see the card?
4. When using the funds on the BB, I saw some folks mention, it'll reduce the risk of shutdown if I don't attach a
bank to the account to withdrawal funds but instead just use the bill pay feature, including the credit card. But
I've also heard before that mixing payment sources to a credit card company is seen as risky behavior?

Thanks for your help.