FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BR Flight Attendant Sexually Harassed by Gentleman with Disability
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:47 am
krispykrme

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by username
Looks like BR issued additional statement: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/about-e...r-publish.html

Essentially:

1 - passenger has 20 BR flights with no irregularity until last year due to health reasons
2 - cabin crew refused last time and passenger got other passengers to help - cabin crew was not disciplined
3 - this time, the guy requested help for lav 3 times - twice in-flight (handled by FAs once + male cockpit crew once) + once during transit at TPE
4 - BR is balancing between protecting employees and humanitarian concerns. Working with US lawyers to decide what to do
5 - If FAs want to sue passenger, BR will assist
6 - BR will train cabin crews to ensure they know they can decline unreasonable requests

What they should really do is to publish the English version of the statement so people know they mean business.
1. I think people are premature to blame the guy. He did defacate on BR in May 2018 when his health problem started.

2. I fault BR management for not deny boarding the guy.

3. I had taken care of my grandma when she was on her death bed in last 3 months of her life. It’s not easy to clean human waste even with someone only weighted like 90lbs (my grandma died of cancer and basically couldn’t eat anything for last 3 months). I seriously doubt the passenger has any kind of sexual intent. After all he did ask help and received help from none female.

Clearly this guy health is not suited for flying commercial. He should have been denied boarding or not continue on to BKK.