FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver - Westin grand or westin bayshore?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:22 am
IrishStephen

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Thanks for the input. I had a bit of a fiasco occur when booking LNFs at both properties. I now have valid ones for both, but must decide where we are staying. In my case, pro for Grand is the fact that we have a suite for all nights; however, pro for the Bayshore is the rate - an impossibly low CA$119,-. I understand that neither property has a lounge. That's a brand standard AFAIK. However, cleanliness is something that I prioritise first and foremost, so is the Grand that bad? I am kinda shocked if so... Cat 6 property and all. I have stayed at the Sheraton Wall and had cleanliness issues there. The lounge was nice, and the location was fine, but the PLT treatment was forgettable.
The issue I had at the Grande was I would hope a one time thing without going into details but obviously it made me rethink further stays. However the hotel did reach out to me again after I completed a survey sent to me and I felt a little more at ease it was something that was highly unusual and have agreed to try the property once again when I am in the area next time.