FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will amtrak refund for missed airline flight because of their mistake?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:22 am
achristine

Will amtrak refund for missed airline flight because of their mistake?

When I arrived on time at the station from Westerly RI to boston Ma at 5am this morning to catch a flight out of Logan airport, the train pulled up on the tracks normally used for trains going in the opposite direction, going to New York. There was no quick access to the other side of the tracks and the train quickly departed. There was no notification of this track change and I missed my train and therefore missed my flight out of Logan airport. I called Amtrak when I returned home and they said they didn't know why this happned as there was no construction scheduled and they would refund the cost of my Amtrak ticket. I asked about a refund for my missed flight and was told to call an hour later (8am) as someone would be in at that time that I could ask about a flight refund. It is a few minutes past 8 and I will call shortly but looking for any advice for my situation. Thank you!