FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Italy Flight Cancelled. Non-refundable Positioning Flights. Best Options?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:55 pm
becharted

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by London Calling

So I tell myself that this could have been a lot worse and it may all be a lost cause and a hard lesson learnt but I did wonder whether anyone else (with all the Ex-EU positioning experience in this forum) has ever had the same misfortune and whether they have had any success that they could share.
I can’t say I’ve had the same thing happen but Avianca recently did a schedule change which made it impossible to fly the second half
of my originally booked ticket. I had several other flights/tickets dependent on taking that flight so cancellation wasn’t an option. I pointed them to IATA Resolution 735d. I can’t promise this will work or be fully relevant to your situation, but it does say that the carrier can endorse, and in some circumstances has an obligation to endorse, your ticket to another carrier if they can get you to your final destination closest to your original itinerary.

Here’s the relevant thread in case you’re interested: AV IRROPS in Paid Biz - Rebook on Partner?