FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A lot of carriers have a 22x14x9 limit - is this absolutely strict?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:41 pm
chx1975

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by hornillas1
I liked the comment I heard from one flight attendant on an LCC, "Let's be real, we all know your designer carry-on is fake or you are living outside your means, because if that wasn't the case, you wouldn't be flying (said LCC) and this would never be an issue flying first class on a legacy airline."
I fly business when transatlantic but why on earth would I waste my money on that within Europe? Especially because the network of LCCs now far surpasses legacy carriers'. Like, the last few years I often needed to get to Nottingham and Luton or East Midlands Airport is closest and legacy carriers don't fly to either. Similarly, I've just spent a few days in Leicester and Cambridge and Stansted is just a short train ride from the latter, while Heathrow and Gatwick is hours away so I've just flown Ryanair from there... Maybe my carry on is not designer, only a custom made Red Oxx Sky Train which is not exactly a cheap bag. (And I am in the design process of a very neat mini messenger bag custom made by 1377. I love custom bags, what can I do.)

Also, I vividly remember when Air Canada used to weigh carry ons at the business check in. (That was so monumentally stupid they stopped it quick but still.)

So, no, there are many levels of wealth and this sort of generalization is like "if you don't like it, rent a private jet".

Last edited by chx1975; Jan 21, 2019 at 6:48 pm