FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me spend a few days in Sydney
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:33 pm
bensyd
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
I was looking at Super Rugby fixtures but as I'm there midweek look like I'll miss them. Any lower leagues or other sporting options on 5th or 6th March?
That time of year is a bit of a dead zone for sport, the cricket has finished but the rugby league and AFL hasn't started. Super Rugby is very much a distant 3rd in terms of spectators and general interest – rugby is on life support in Australia. The Shute Shield (Sydney suburban rugby comp) is considered more entertaining and with a better atmosphere than Super Rugby these days, but doesn't start until April and doesn't have mid-week games.

For ferries, if you don't want to go all the way to Manly then a trip to Watsons Bay with beer and lunch at the Watsons Bay Hotel is a great way to spend an afternoon.

We had some friends from overseas in Sydney over Christmas and booked them into Mrs Banks Hotel (thankfully they're as unexcited at being a house guest as I am). They were very impressed with it. It's a converted old bank building, which I assume is where the name comes from. You certainly won't be struggling for dining options.