FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Bangkok {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:14 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
For many though the south of the river location in suboptimal. For my needs in town even the other side of the river is a pain, so there is a certain amount of location pricing too. The Millennium Hilton can be great value but the travel pain is too great for it to be where many will want to base themselves. Whereas Rajadamri is a great and quite central location for both Business and key shopping/entertainment districts.

Whilst I really quite dislike the IC Bangkok it tends to be my go to place given the relatively good value suites plus recognition package as a RA. The WA and St Regis come next for me followed by the SGS.
Correct, Bangkok is a city where I am quite location agnostic unlike some other destinations, so the location pricing of Millenium Hilton works in my favor and that is not for everyone (same for Marriott Surawong). WA's location will work better for many folks especially if you are not there on vacation to enjoy river views.

IC is your go-to place despite the fact that you dislike it, several people have some concerns about WA, St.Regis is ok but not great, Park Hyatt is not loved.... bottom line I think a lot of us are still in search of a great hotel in Bangkok that level of luxury and WA is not the answer at this time. A step below I find good value in properties like Millenium Hilton, SGS, Athenee, Grand Hyatt, Meridien, and a couple of Marriotts. I think we'll have to add Hyatt Regency to that list but I need to try it first. However the issue is if you want more upscale, I am still in search for answers - I was hopeful WA could be it, but unfortunately it does not seem to be. If they had better Diamond treatment for room upgrades and if they had happy hour it would go a long way.