FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Club Credit Card
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:22 am
mccartje

Originally Posted by Kier
It is a little disappointing. If it can be combined with SuperValu it would help (but that's still just 1 point per €10). No real benefit if you have status (those flights are nearly useless, EU flights are mainly taxes and charges which you still have to pay and there is a convoluted booking method).

Only advantage is being able to bring wife through fast pass etc. when I fly with her. If it included ihe lounges at LHR and JFK it would help. They have the beginnings of a good card, but a bit to go before it's worth it. (Would you even make back the monthly fee at the moment?)
I think whether or not you make the monthly fee back depends on how many of the 'benefits' are relevant to you. Annual travel insurance may save you €40-50 off assuming you don't have some already. Lounge passes if you don't have status or at least guesting status might be worth €25-50. Fast track again if you can't guest or no status and would otherwise pay for it (waste of money in T2 IMO) is another €15 odd. 'Free' flights which have such heavy restrictions I would put at valueless to maybe max €50 benefit. Avios is obviously how much you spend (and on EI) and how good you are at finding value for avios. But if you spend heavily and fly EI a lot you can make the value back but not by much. This is where I sit with avios earning the only real benefit, I could probably just about justify the monthly cost but I'm tempted to not bother with it as its nearly and insulting credit card offer with such poor value for price. I think if they offered 15-20k avios as the 5K spend bonus instead of flights then it would jump up in value for me and I wouldn't hesitate in going for it.