FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are the worst travel websites to use?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:54 am
tessy143

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by kiwiki
Hi all, I'm a university student working on a project for a prototyping class. Our assignment is to find a travel-related website, identify 7 pain points, and redesign it to be more usable. As someone who doesn't travel much, I'm coming here to get first-hand accounts that will hopefully point me in the right direction. What are the worst websites you've used in terms of user experience?

Thanks!
1. Doesn’t allow same best price search capability in fare classes other then economy. For example skyscanner.com does not allow cheapest month searches in business or first class only economy.

2. Hotel booking websites don’t show suite only pricing. For example trivago.com will show you the lowest priced hotels in a certain class for given dates, but won’t allow you to filter by lowest price for a specific room type. Yes a certain fairmont property may have the lowest price in the 5 star category for a given date however if you move up to the lowest priced suite at that property this may no longer be the case. It’s often difficult to compare pricing for suites at multiple properties as you have to search each property individually for pricing adjusted for your preferred room type. There’s no website that allows you to search “cheapest one bedroom suite at all 5 star properties in a certain location for a given date set.”