FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien, Gurgaon (Gurugram) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:34 am
Brucemcdou

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Currently staying here, Jan 2019. Good property. Have not stayed at other Marriott/Starwood properties in Gurgaon so cannot compare but was at JW Aerocity a few years ago. The JW is much nicer but newer and larger so not surprising.

Was upgraded to a suite on the Club Floor - had a Club level King room booked so this was a “real” upgrade. Small for a suite; I’d rather have the space without a wall in the middle. Somewhat dated furniture, all clean just a bit tired. They gave me a smoking room whereas my profile is for nonsmoking. No obvious smell of smoke (other than typical acrid smell that permeates Delhi in the winter)

club is great - extensive spread for breakfast and in the evening. Chef-prepared hot dishes to order. Space is cramped but wasn’t crowded when I was there. Would be bad if hotel were full. Staff very attentive.

Had breakfast in the buffet restaurant one morning- pleasant light filled room and extensive spread plus made to order hot items. Staff maybe not so attentive but only one visit.

Gym is is well equipped and decent sized. Some free weights and Techno gym equipment (which I detest). Staff in the gym hover to the point of interfering with your workout - had two different staff try to start up a conversation while in mid-exercise. Really? Had same issue at JW. Maybe it’s an Indian gym thing?

Front desk and concierge very helpful. Arranged a hotel car pickup from and return to the airport - as well as a car one afternoon when I was going out. All handled very well.

Overall no particular reason to come back but nice enough property if you need a Marriott-brand hotel in Gurgaon and the location is convenient.

Last edited by Brucemcdou; Jan 24, 2019 at 4:01 pm